East Durham Trust has a Volunteer Centre which can help you with a range of things, including:
• Brokerage: we offer potential volunteers support and advice matching their motivation to volunteer with appropriate volunteering opportunities.
• Marketing Volunteering: we stimulate and encourage local interest in volunteering and community activity.
• Good Practice Development: we promote good practice in working with volunteers to all volunteer involving organisations.
• Developing Volunteering Opportunities: we work in close partnership with statutory, voluntary and sector agencies as well as community groups and faith groups to develop local volunteering opportunities.
• Policy Response and Campaigning: we identify proposals or legislation that may impact on volunteering. We will lead and/or participate in campaigns on issues that affect volunteers or volunteering.
• Strategic Development of Volunteering: as the local experts on volunteering we inform strategic thinking and planning at a regional and national level.
For further details or to make an appointment contact our Volunteer Development Manager, Abby Thompson, on 0191 569 3511 or